A distraction from studies, Jules Girardet. French (1856 - 1946)
Tongue Taste Buds
This is actually just myth! All areas of the tongue can taste different flavours equally as well.
I’m deeply sorry about the mistake that I made and thank you so much shirohayabusa for notifying me about this big error.
You are totally right, there is not tongue map anymore!
"The emerging picture of taste coding at the periphery is one of elegant simplicity. Contrary to what was generally believed, it is now clear that distinct cell types expressing unique receptors are tuned to detect each of the five basic tastes: sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami. Importantly, receptor cells for each taste quality function as dedicated sensors wired to elicit stereotypic responses”
Nature 444, 288-294 (16 November 2006) | doi:10.1038/nature05401; Published online 15 November 2006
You can read this article following the next link:
“You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I’ll guarantee you’ll win.”
— Patch Adams
Spotlight: St. Petersburg
Spotlight Since launching, we’ve seen Instagram spread from our headquarters in the Bay Area to every corner of the globe. In this series we’ll highlight top users from countries and cities with thriving Instagram communities.
"Rocks or stones, explain it as you want, but there is a mystery to St. Petersburg—it really affects your soul." Joseph Brodsky.
St. Petersburg is often called the cultural capital of Russia, but Russian poets such as Joseph Brodsky have highlighted that there is something even more special to the city. With a population of 5,000,000, for several centuries St. Petersburg has been a center for creative people to come together from throughout Russia. Now, the city is home to a growing Instagram community organizing InstaMeets and gatherings.
Want to see St Petersburg for yourself? We’ve gathered together a group of our favorite Instagrammers sharing photos and videos from the heart of St. Petersburg:
- Vera Rolle, rooftops and nature – @verarolle
- Maka Smirnova, foggy landscapes – @maka_smirnova
- Stanislav Liepa, portraits and cityscapes – @liepa_s
- Danya, portraits and InstaMeets – @tertiusalio
To explore the city in depth, you can also browse the location pages for some of St. Petersburg’s most popular landmarks:
- Дворцовая площадь/Palace Square - probably one of the most famous locations in the city, with Alexander’s Column in the middle
- Государственный Эрмитаж/Hermitage Museum, see inside the city’s museum of art and culture and the most famous
- Vasilyevsky Island/васильевский
- Tsarskoye Selo/Palace of the Tsars - one of St. Petersburg’s biggest parks with the baroque Catherine Palace and the neoclassical Alexander Palace.
Lach mal wieder!! 😄
So ist es!!
Cortney Tidwell - Oh, China